- Just ordered my L.L. Bean New Baby mocs and I can’t wait! After more debate than I care to admit, I ended up going with the women’s Wicked Good Camp Moccasins instead of the Wicked Good Moccasins, only because the lack of fleece collar makes them less slipper-y and thus more acceptable to wear in public when I don’t feel like actual shoes for a few months 😉
- Wacey’s birthday is on Tuesday and I am so excited. Like I’ve said before, we’re not doing a party, per se, but we’re sort of stretching it out into a birthday week since grandparents are coming this weekend and next, and for his actual birthday, we’re starting the day with balloons and chocolate donuts and tractor rides and you guys? It’s supposed to be in the fifties all next week, and this weekend too! Perfect for a brand new sandbox! And a break from the cold and snow that’s kept us cooped up the last couple of days. I can’t wait! Walks every day, not having to bundle up to go outside, actual warm sunshine…ahhhhh. Actually, it’s just like the weekend he was born, which is very fitting. Lovely weather for the most sunshiney boy.
Now, I just need to get over the sticker shock of how much play sand costs. Yikes. And the ridiculousness that we have to drive almost 40 miles each way to get the sand since the local farm store only has two cubic feet in stock. Who on earth only needs two cubic feet of play sand? No one, folks.
- Blogging is hard when you’re not feeling very creative, especially when that lack of creativity is due to struggle somewhere else. I’m never sure what to write when there’s a lot going on at home, or when there are hard things going on in life that aren’t really share-able. I want to be as transparent as possible, but when the hard things aren’t just your things, or even primarily your things, privacy is the most important. But, that’s the point of learning how to blog and navigate the bear that is the internets, right? We’ll figure it out.
- I (finally) ordered a book about light exposure because I’m frustrated at the quality of my pictures, and I want to take more high-quality, blow-up-and-frame pictures of my boys. It comes highly recommended by one of my favorite bloggers who captures the most beautiful moments of her kids, so I have high hopes. Our favorite photographer won’t be out here until June, so I’m hoping to get some decent shots of the four of us (!!) when Bub is still a newborn with my tripod and remote. Also, what on earth is the point of having a DSLR if you don’t know how to use it? There is no point. That is the answer to that question.
- Next Friday, I’m taking a tour of a packing plant (read: slaughterhouse), and I’m so excited. I’ve toured the plant before, but it’s been many years, and I’m looking forward to seeing it with fresh eyes and taking piles and piles of notes to share with you. Now, I just have to figure out what on earth to wear because I’m fairly certain sweatpants and Uggs won’t fly, even for a very pregnant lady, especially since it’s technically a work thing.
- I’m currently on the hunt for a reasonably-priced double Bob stroller on Craigslist. Pray for me.
- If you follow me on Insta, you’ll know that we had a THIRD set of twins this morning. If you don’t follow me on Insta, we had our third set of twins this morning! What on earth?! I mean, no one is complaining, all the calves and mamas (and foster mamas, post next week!) are doing really well. One of the other cowboys has also had a set of twins, too, so we’ve had four so far this year, and we’ve calved out maybe 10% of the cows.
- We’re so excited to have a snuggly little newborn around, but when people tell you that babies just keep getting more fun, they’re so right. Wacey was so good (I mean, impressively, miraculously, held-my-hand-the-whole-time good) while we were walking all over Home Depot getting sandbox sand taken care of that I took him to get a little treat (okay, and one for me too) and it was so fun sit with him and giggle for a little while. He loved choosing his own drink and sitting in his own chair and thought the writing on the cookie was amazing.
- We just finished the movie The Duel (western-esque with Woody Harrelson and Liam Hemsworth). It was okay–the trailer made it look a little better than it was. I hope that someday someone will revive the art of making the Western movie without all the weird stuff. That being said, it wasn’t bad, truly! Just a little strange with some unnecessary plot points and superfluous snake action.
- Can we all agree that Sam Hunt is not actually country? I mean, it seems like most of what’s on the radio these days isn’t really, either, but that guy has yet to have a song that’s even close. I’m not hating on him, I think he’s just really in the wrong genre. Also that song a gal sings about a tuxedo, and something some kid sings about putting a label on it. I’m not sure what’s up with that. Again, not hating, just confused. It makes me feel old. Like, really old. Like the mom who is like “What is this? This is terrible!” while changing the radio station to oldies while her kids groan in the backseat and my kid’s only two. However, Wacey dances equally enthusiastically to Willie’s Roadhouse and Andy Grammar, so maybe he won’t mind if I change the station when he’s older.
- To end on a bright note, these shoes.
Aaaaand I just remembered I have quesadillas in my diaper bag that really ought to get into the fridge. On that note, happy Saturday night, see you Monday (or Tuesday, at the rate I seem to be going).