I’m writing this on Wednesday night. Bert’s out of town dayworking for a few days, and so the boys and I have been getting up to all kinds of shenanigans like not eating actual dinner and watching the new Magic School Bus in my bed and playing with the horses when we’re just supposed to be checking their water. Right now, they’re both asleep, I’m sitting on my bed wearing buffalo plaid pajamas and eating dark chocolate while watching Gilmore Girls so for this moment, all is right with the world.
Except that Gaucho keeps scratching himself in the mudroom (we share a wall) and it scares the bejeezus out of me because it sounds like someone knocking and yes, I have just gone and dead-bolted every door. Which is suuuuper handy in the literal middle of nowhere, I know, but it makes me feel better.
- This kid a) has the greatest moobs, and b) is teething. So a) adorable but b) horrendous. Thankfully, this ain’t my first rodeo, and I’ve already stocked up on Motrin because that was the only thing (and y’all, we’ve tried all.the.things that run the length of the crunchy/non-crunchy spectrum) that helped Wace (other than eating excessively which may cause him to make the jump from the 100th percentile to…whatever is beyond the 100th percentile) and apparently he and Wacey have that in common.
- So, a bunch of my face stuff ran out at once (isn’t that the way it always happens?), but that was okay because I wasn’t feeling super jazzed about it anymore anyway (oh, babies, and the things they do to us). So. I got this cleanser, and this oil, and: the cleanser is lovely. It doesn’t make my skin feel like the Sahara (which is a revelation), and the oil is moisturizing but I’ve noticed that my face is waaaaay less shiny so I’ve started using it as a moisturizer. I still use a moisturizer with SPF each morning, though. Also: my retinol product is almost out and I think I’m going to try this one next time instead because the one I’ve been using for two years just isn’t cutting it anymore. See the aforementioned babies. Even ranch gals like to have pretty skin.
I don’t know if you care about that, but I enjoy beauty product reviews since the nearest Sephora is 200 miles away, mostly so someone else can decide if something’s a dud, so maybe you do?
- It’s Friday. Which means it’s time for fajitas! So, stop what you’re doing and make these. Make sure you don’t skip the lime juice. Believe me. Or the cilantro. Unless you’re one of those unfortunate souls to whom cilantro tastes like soap in which case, I’m sorry for your loss. Then, when you have leftovers because you made so much delicious meat, chop it up, saute some peppers and onions, and toss them into quesadillas.
- We’re about a month out from my birthday sooooo I’m currently trying to decide whether or not I blow my whole birthday shopping budget (that’s my gift–I get to go shopping–alone) on Johnny Was, or exercise some restraint and…not blow my whole birthday budget on Johnny Was. But this top exists, so restraint’s not looking great. Buuuut I also want some new jeans, so…
- This weekend, I’m making this masterpiece of a chicken, and I can’t wait. I love my beef, but gosh you can’t beat a good roasted chicken.
Poor Dean, he just told Rory he loves her and Rory’s being pretttty awkward. Ah, to be young and in love. Or maybe not in love, if you’re Rory.
Happy Friday! This weekend, we’ll probably cake some cows, check some waters, and (hopefully) eat some Sugar Babies. Also: big news (no, not pregnant) hitting the blog sometime next week, so stay tuned.
PS: Did you see the picture I posted of Shadrach the colt over on Insta? Grey horses are honestly and truly one of my love languages and oh be still my heart.